The University Hospital of Brussels had the honor of hosting the Board of Directors meeting of the Francophone Mother-Child Network (RMEF) on November 29 and 30, 2023, at the Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium.
This event was marked by high-quality presentations, highlighting innovative and essential projects for the future of pediatric care.
Among the captivating topics discussed:
- The Comprehensive Children’s Hospital: an innovative concept by Nicolas Deconinck.
- The care of adolescents and young adults in oncology, orchestrated by Dirk van Gestel.
- Pediatric rehabilitation in a children's hospital, by Lombardo Costanza.
- Georges Casimir presented his vision for the Pediatric Research Institute in 2030.
- Pierre Smeesters presented the Plotkin Institute (EPIV), an advanced laboratory where more than 50 researchers collaborate in the development of new vaccines.
The mission of the RMEF resonates more than ever: to promote the best practices to improve the health of families and children.
A big thank you to all participants for this fruitful collaboration, looking towards the future!